With SafetyGirl U!
Your babies are headed off to college, whether for the first time, or a repeat. Whether you suffer from an empty nest or view it as a whole lot of “me” time ahead, your stress level will be way down if you send your girls to campus armed with knowledge and some SafetyGirl products.
Half the battle is getting your precious cargo to actually carry the products so they are available for use should she need them (we hope not!). We’ve come up with an array of great-looking items and an arsenal of tips.
- Be aware of your surroundings and recognize your vulnerability. Carry the Zap Dazzle Stun Gun. For under $40 you get 950,000 volts of power encased in rhinestones.
- Report all suspicious persons, vehicles, and activities to campus security.
- Use the “buddy system” when going out. One of you should have the Sabre Stun Gun with Flashlight. Small enough to carry easily and the flashlight temporarily startles and illuminates your threat.
- Keep your dorm and apartment doors locked when you are alone. Have the Mace KeyGuard Pepper Spray nearby at all times in case things get ugly. With a five-foot range, it will buy you time to run past your attacker and out of the confined space for help.
- Report hazardous conditions to campus maintenance immediately.
- If you see someone victimized, get involved and report it to the authorities. Use the Sabre Personal Alarm to frighten off the attacker.
- When walking to your car, have your keys ready to go. Keep the Sabre Red Spitfire Pepper Spray in your palm. It is designed to fire with less effort and aim with greater accuracy, perfect for use while running.
- If threatened by an approaching vehicle, run in the opposite direction – the car will need to turn around, buying you time. Keep the Mace Screecher Personal Alarm with you at all times to draw attention to an incident.
- If your dorm has an elevator, stand near the panel box if you are alone with a stranger, so you have control of the alarm. Stop the elevator, sound the alarm, and exit the car. Keep your Lipstick Pepper Spray handy in case you need backup protection.
- If you are a victim of rape or sexual assault, report the incident immediately, even if you choose not to pursue the matter further. Carry the Mace Hot Pink Pepper Spray and don’t be afraid to use it.