Running out of ideas for Christmas presents or running on a budget? This cute DIY mittens idea is perfect for any girl on your list. All you need is a sweater you no longer wear and some sewing skills!
What you need:
- Needle & Thread
What to do:
- First, place your hand on top of two pieces of computer paper how it would go into a mitten. (four fingers laying together and thumb slightly out to the side)
- Second, trace your hand generously, leaving about a half inch extra space.
- Third, cut out your tracing (this should give you two cut outs of your mitten from the two pieces of paper)
- Fourth, lay the sweater out flat and place the tracings on the sweater side by side and cut out (you should get four cut outs, two from the front of the sweater and two from the back)
- Fifth, sew two pieces together along the edges, leaving the bottom open for the hand to enter
- Sixth, flip inside out so the pen marks and stitching are not showing!
- Seventh (optional) add a layer of fur trim around the wrists!